☯ Adam Space ☯
bell hooks (via nezua)
The root of all misogyny — fear of women’s power and a resulting drive to dominate, control, subdue it.
You remember too much,
my mother said to me recently.
Why hold onto all that?
And I said,
Where do I put it down?
Anne Carson, from “The Glass Essay” (via cavum)
it causes me physical pain when i think about how much i want to travel.
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.This always wrecks me
Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom (via quotestuff)